USB Audio 2.0 support coming to Windows 10 from Microsoft

Discussions about USB Audio on XMOS devices
MaximLiadov
XCore Addict

Post by MaximLiadov »

Any idea about Code 10 error is welcome.

MaximLiadov
XCore Addict

Post by MaximLiadov »

Yes. Since 2001 year our team is developing freeware RMAA software with 100 million users around the world, we licensed our SDK to Microsoft, for example. Now we are producing a hardware with 122 dBA SNR and <0.0001% THD, best in class, based on our own discrete circuit. You also can see our R&D in the latest Creative SoundBlasterX generation. It would be nice to see any information on topic. Very appriciate. Thank you.
RitchRock
XCore Addict

Post by RitchRock »

When I start googling around for answers to the "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" problem, inevitably I come to solutions that ask to make sure your BIOS is updated. So, I wonder if motherboard / chipset can have something to do with the problem. I've updated everything associated with my MSI Board with no luck (but the last update was in 2016/early 2017). How recent is the hardware you've tested it on?
RitchRock
XCore Addict

Post by RitchRock »

Also, I'm curious what you have enabled for Windows - INs/Outs/Midi/HID/etc
MaximLiadov
XCore Addict

Post by MaximLiadov »

Ok. Thank you for your ideas. Today I tried different firmware versions. If I disable input channels in my firmware, the problem is solved. Everything starts working fine! Code 10 error is gone. All other settings in firmware do not affect.

My XMOS XUF216 hardware has two analog inputs, two analog outputs. If anyone could make the same test it would be interesting to know.
RitchRock
XCore Addict

Post by RitchRock »

That is interesting. I don't have enough time to test today (hopefully tomorrow), but I will.

AlexAdvice - are you only using XMOS UA2 as DAC?
AlexAdvice
XCore Addict

Post by AlexAdvice »

RitchRock wrote:That is interesting. I don't have enough time to test today (hopefully tomorrow), but I will.

AlexAdvice - are you only using XMOS UA2 as DAC?
No, but what I've tested on W10 was DAC Only. Stereo and multi channel.
I can check tomorrow also bidirectional device. (I do not have access to PC with W10/64 today, all my computes runs under W7/32).
MaximLiadov
XCore Addict

Post by MaximLiadov »

It would be nice to make it clear. Driver limitation. Because "Code 10" basically means the driver cannot start working. No any explanation why.
MaximLiadov
XCore Addict

Post by MaximLiadov »

Or, even better, how to make it work. As it's declared as it should work with 2 ins, 2 outs.

Microsoft published troubleshooting manual for hardware makers
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/matthe ... ss-driver/
But it looks like a nightmare. You need to install WDK, as I see.
AlexAdvice
XCore Addict

Post by AlexAdvice »

As I promised, I checked today one of my test board under W10/64 again, and I got very interesting results!

First of all - W10 remember what was connected before to the same USB port. Previous Windows versions also remembered, but behavior is totally different!
I connect device with 2ch outputs, W10 works, as i write some days ago.
Then I recompiled the firmware at the same board to 2ch_out + 2ch_inp. (PID/VID remains the same, but the string name was different)
And when I connect it to the same USB port, W10 think that this is the previous device (PID/VID the same!) and in Device Manager I saw the string name of the previous device (w/o yellow mark on soundcard and with yellow mark on DFU).

I pressed "Del" on this device,, then re-connect the board again. Now I see the new name.
But when I check the sound properties, onlu output device is visible. So - no input devices.

Next -I recompiled the firmware again, still with the same PID/VID, but different name and only 2ch_inp (no outputs) .
Then I repeat the previous procedure with "del" and reconnect the board.
And I got yellow mark and Code10!

Conclusion for this time:
1) Output only device (DAC) works under W10/64, w/o DFU, w.o ASIO, w/o DSD.
2) Input only device (ADC) - not works.
3) Combined device (DAC+ADC) - only the DAC part works.

Maxim - try tor recompile your firmware, leaving only 2ch outputs and tell us what you will obtain.