Site Bugs/Improvements

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

errordeveloper wrote:also i could not change the user image ..((

it just doesn't want to change it ..i suppose the ref is not updated at all!
You should be able to... Via your profile at xcore.com/users/username right? Are there any errors?

johanar

Post by johanar »

errordeveloper wrote:also i could not change the user image ..((

it just doesn't want to change it ..i suppose the ref is not updated at all!
did you remember to press the Save button way down at the bottom? had this problem with changing group pictures for a while hehe
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

news translation to forums.

i would like to have a section with Xmos announcements we currently read in "news" section.

i promise to comment!
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

otitov wrote:news translation to forums.

i would like to have a section with Xmos announcements we currently read in "news" section.

i promise to comment!

Added. I shall post all new news items that appear at www.xcore.com/news in this new forum too.
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

thanks, jason!
morecores
New User

Post by morecores »

Odd suggestion, but could it be set-up so the whole site uses the phpBB date format selected in the User Control Panel? (i.e. by default Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:05 am)

The groups and news items use the American format of MM/DD/YYYY and because I'm used to seeing DD/MM/YYYY sometimes it's a bit confusing.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

morecores wrote:Odd suggestion, but could it be set-up so the whole site uses the phpBB date format selected in the User Control Panel? (i.e. by default Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:05 am)

The groups and news items use the American format of MM/DD/YYYY and because I'm used to seeing DD/MM/YYYY sometimes it's a bit confusing.
Thanks for pointing this out! Good spot! I have changed it to be consistent now!
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

there is small de-synchronization between login on main page and on forum - if i jump my IP address i still signed in on main page, but signed out on forum.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

When you create a project, the "verified to run on" field is mandatory, irrespective of what stage the project is at. This is forcing people to select kits - and some of this might be a bit misleading. Please make the field optional, at least for projects that are not yet complete.
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

YouTube has enabled automatic closed caption generation for English for free. I am submitting my video for machine transcription. You may consider to submit your videos too.