Recommended Books?

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
DanB
Experienced Member

Recommended Books?

Post by DanB »

Hello!

Just wondered if anybody could recommend any particularly interesting books within the arena of electronics/software engineering/etc. Basically, those interests shared by many here! I'm not after dry reference guides (unless they are must haves) or straight-forward language guides/tutorials (I'm sure everybody already knows about K&R!), but things more along the lines of Hacker's Delight (as recommended by MaxFlashrom in an earlier thread [Which Program Flow?]).

Indeed, it was the above recommendation that generated the interest in this question to begin with!

So, anything interesting out there that you could recommend?

Cheers!

Woody
XCore Addict

Post by Woody »

I rather like "High Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic" by Howard Johnson. It basically explains how to overcome analog effects in digital circuits.
Corin
Experienced Member

Post by Corin »

This is indeed a good book, as I even have a copy on my desk!

Another good book (primarily for analogue electronics) is the classic "The Art Of Electronics" by Horowitz & Hill ( - although it's getting a bit long in tooth (printed in 1989!) - there should be a third edition out soon(ish).

For digital logic design - the "Fundamentals of Logic Design" by Roth is quite good (

Furthermore, have a look at the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" sections for some more pointers to good books...

Cheers,
Corin