Trouble routing a XMOS PCB

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Just in case anyone is following this, some more updates. Silkscreen, via moving, more efficient traces, etc...

I plan on laser engraving the layout on monday to check pad layouts, then ordered on Tuesday. from Advanced Circuits. I have all the parts in stock, so there will be no waiting there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

I'll have another look tonight and report back :)
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Before you do that, here is the updated files. This has a Breakout on the same file.

I moved one of the connectors to the middle of the board, want to see if you can do that with the other?

I added a third connector for power, but I don't intend to use it. Its just there if its needed.

I would also appreciate it if you could check to make sure the male/female connector pins map correctly to the XTAG connector.

Plan on ordering once you take a look!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Moving that connector will take a while... and really I do not see the benefit... I always thought connectors near the edges of boards were preferred to the ones in the middle... Give me please a couple of days.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

That is fine, I guess it provides a polarization.

Don't bother with that, just checking!

Thanks!
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Update! I just pattern'd the boards, so I can get 8 breakouts and 8 boards from one run. I have to cut it my self, and it wont be as good of a cut, but hey, it saves money!

BTW, when you are checking, check on the PCB vs component datasheets. I want to eliminate the possibility of a mistake in a library ruining the lot.

I didn't bother uploading the schematic as they are not consistent, and it is the same.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

I updated the panel. I removed 4 of those breakouts, and added 4 of another type. This breakout is more practical to use in designs.
https://www.xcore.com/projects/minimalist-xmos-board
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Updated just the main board. I didn't realize that I just needed to connect two mode pins to TRST_N to have it automatic, so I connected those. Since that pin is right next to the mode pins, I was able to cut a lot of stuff out, and pushed the entire left side towards the processor. This decreased board length by .0625", so I added that length on the other side and was able to bring out 2 more 1 bit ports.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Here is what I am going to send to the fab house.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

The panelized PCB arrived today, hopefully it is ready to test soon.