"Binary not found"

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
GreatGBL
New User

"Binary not found"

Post by GreatGBL »

Hello,everyone. I use XMOS Microphone array board (XK-USB-MIC-UF216) and want to run the code. But it fail, how could i solve it?
Attachments
123.png
(93.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
123.png
(93.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi GreatGBL. A few comments which may help.

1) Currently you do not have a project. You must create a New Project -> select the target to be this evalkit or at least the CPU used on this evalkit.

2) Then proceed to include all of the libraries you are showing in your posted pic. Again, these are libraries and at this time, you do not have any source code (main.xc) that makes use of these libraries. You can follow to copy the main.xc from the related examples for this evalkit. Basically we would copy the main.xc (cut & paste is fine) into the empty main.xc created by the new project wizard. Save all. Then CLEAN the project -> Build the project. Then select the top line with the PROJECT NAME. Then select the XMOS CPU from the Run as menu. Now the compiled .xe file will be used to run on the CPU.

Summary - you have only libraries which may be compiling ok but no .xe (compiled binary which will contain the libraries AND your source code which will access the libraries) has been created.

http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3857
* you can only create a binary to execute once the above steps are followed with a new project

From what we quickly saw, there is no complete project posted for this evalkit so you will have to create one manually using the latest compiler tool from XMOS. Only the latest compiler tools will offer this evalkit / CPU as the target.

3) Just a comment - this evalkit is quite expensive (at least we felt it was). In our opinion, a silly cost which will limit the interest. Not sure if you are aware but SEEEED is about to start shipping a similar board with a lower resale. We have these on order and will experiment to locate the XTAG interface for our pending projects.

See here:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker-M ... -2719.html#
GreatGBL
New User

Post by GreatGBL »

mon2 wrote:Hi GreatGBL. A few comments which may help.

1) Currently you do not have a project. You must create a New Project -> select the target to be this evalkit or at least the CPU used on this evalkit.

2) Then proceed to include all of the libraries you are showing in your posted pic. Again, these are libraries and at this time, you do not have any source code (main.xc) that makes use of these libraries. You can follow to copy the main.xc from the related examples for this evalkit. Basically we would copy the main.xc (cut & paste is fine) into the empty main.xc created by the new project wizard. Save all. Then CLEAN the project -> Build the project. Then select the top line with the PROJECT NAME. Then select the XMOS CPU from the Run as menu. Now the compiled .xe file will be used to run on the CPU.

Summary - you have only libraries which may be compiling ok but no .xe (compiled binary which will contain the libraries AND your source code which will access the libraries) has been created.

http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3857
* you can only create a binary to execute once the above steps are followed with a new project

From what we quickly saw, there is no complete project posted for this evalkit so you will have to create one manually using the latest compiler tool from XMOS. Only the latest compiler tools will offer this evalkit / CPU as the target.

3) Just a comment - this evalkit is quite expensive (at least we felt it was). In our opinion, a silly cost which will limit the interest. Not sure if you are aware but SEEEED is about to start shipping a similar board with a lower resale. We have these on order and will experiment to locate the XTAG interface for our pending projects.

See here:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker-M ... -2719.html#

Hello, I am very thanks for your help. Because I am a beginner on learning XMOS board, so I confuse on the operation.
I got an XMOS board from my instructor, And I following the tutorial (https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=20258)

We did the first and second step on the tutorial. But I did not know how to add the file into the library, so I download the current file which shows on the library, and the name is same as downloaded.
Then, I created the empty project due to did not find the code, so I don't know how to do..
I am very thanks for your help and I will see SEEEED XMOS board.
Kind regards
Attachments
a3.png
(44.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
a3.png
(44.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
a2.png
a2.png (15.39 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
a2.png
a2.png (15.39 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
a1.png
(218.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
a1.png
(218.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Just downloaded the latest toolchain to review the steps for a compilation for this target board.

Here is what worked for my system.

1) Download the latest toolchain from the xmos.com website (14.2.3).

2) Started with an empty workspace.

3) Downloaded AN00217 from the xmos.com website.

https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?pro ... nent=19809

Save this download -> usually in the downloads folder.

4) xtimeComposer -> File -> Import -> Existing Projects into Workspace -> next -> Select Archive File -> browse to Downloads folder -> select the AN00217_-High-Resolution-Delay-Example-[sw]_1.0.1rc1 zip file -> Finish -> this compressed project will now be imported into your workspace.

5) Select the top bar with AN00217... name -> right mouse click -> Set as current project -> right mouse click -> Build Project -> now all the dependencies (including required libraries) will be imported automatically. Let this process continue till finished.

6) The project tree will now be populated with all the dependent files.

7) The build process should result in creating a valid .xe (compiled file) for this project AN00217.

PS: Your workspace tree lists reference to the XK-1A kit which is not the proper target nor the CPU used on your voice array kit. The voice array kit is based on the latest XCORE-200 foundation but the XK-1A is the older XS-1 foundation. It will be best to build your code from a working example for this voice array target hardware.