System is not set to boot from JTAG

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
Redeye
XCore Addict

System is not set to boot from JTAG

Post by Redeye »

I'm having a problem with a 3xL8 custom board.The board powers up fine, loads code via JTAG and runs no problem. However, when I stop the code and look at the loader output there's several lines of "Warning: according to mode pins, system is not set to boot from JTAG". Then, when I try to load the code again I get "Load failed. First stage multi-node boot failed, please check XN file and Xmos link connectivity". If I power cycle the board it loads fine first time with the mode pins warning, then won't load code again.I've checked and double checked the mode pins - I'm using the !TRST JTAG line to pull the appropriate pins low to boot from JTAG then boot via SPI/XLink the rest of the time. I've scoped the !RST and !TRST lines from the JTAG and they're getting pulled low properly. But now I'm not quite sure where to look next. Is there any way to find out what state it thinks the mode pins are in, rather than just telling you they're not set to JTAG? Or has anybody got any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Redeye,how are the RST_N and TRST_N lines from JTAG mated with your devices ?Please review this thread which alerts us all on a possible race condition in that the MODE pins must be stable before reset changes:http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2802See the comments by lilltroll on the 2nd page of this thread.How are the mode pins applied for each device ?You are using a 2 wire or 5 wire interface between devices ?If possible, share a partial of your schematic for a review ?