Flash Error on startKIT? Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
wadebrown

Flash Error on startKIT?

Post by wadebrown »

I tried to flash my startKit yesterday and got the following message:  "Warning: F03098 Factory image and boot loader cannot be write-protected on flash device on node "0"."

I have successfully flashed programs on to my startKit both the demos provided and my own simple code, but whenever I try to flash a program I get the message above.  I have cycled the power on my startKit and found that startKit in the device manager and it said it was working properly.

Any ideas, or is my startKit toast? I just ordered another on my digikey order today in case it is toast and having a second one is always good.

Thanks

wade

View Solution
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

I get these messages on all startkits I'm flashing (I've got 4) and they all work fine.

I think this is because the starkit actually has a 2 tile chip of which 1 is "hidden" during OTP boot. I think the node 0 mentioned in the message refers to that hidden tile.

sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

When Xflash runs the flash inquirer it reads the device protection type from the spi-specs for the spi device type.  If this type is set too PROT_TYPE_SECS then the image and boot loader can be write protected on the device.  However, if it is not set to this type then the image and bootloader cannot be write protected and hence you will get this warning.  Its effectively letting you know your bootloader and factory image could be overwritten!