startkit xmos not detected on windows/mac os x

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

I think the following question solves your issue: 

http://www.xcore.com/questions/2099/how ... rs-osx-109

alexx
New User

Post by alexx »

I had the same problem under Win7. I solved it using MatCat's procedure in this forum thread http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2497

alexx
New User

Post by alexx »

This thread in the forum seems to be related: http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=20

See MatCat's workaround to the problem.

johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

An additional note to the case.

If you have updated the driver and still experience this problem then please double check that your startKIT is plugged into a USB2 slot and not a USB3 slot.

John

Roozer

Post by Roozer »

I was having the same problem and none of the directions helped. I ended up reinstalling Windows and it worked. I then installed software one by one and found what the problem was -- iTunes. As soon as I installed it, xTimeComposer couldn't find the StartKit anymore. I had to uninstall every single apple product iTunes installed (iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Update, Mobile Device Support, etc.), and it now works again.

Maybe that will help others out there :-)

gkrusi

Post by gkrusi »

I also have the same problem on Win 7. I have two startKits. For some time, both worked ok, but at some time, xTIMEcomposer lost connection with one. I guess I touched the board with fingers and probably some signals on the board got mixed up. Now both statKITs are recognized bya computer, but xTIMEcomposer doesn't find any of them. I tried restarting xTIMEcomposer, project, boards and computer with no difference.Any idea what's wrong?
gkrusi

Post by gkrusi »

I also have the same problem on Win 7. I have two startKits. For some time, both worked ok, but at some time, xTIMEcomposer lost connection with one. I guess I touched the board with fingers and probably some signals on the board got mixed up. Now both statKITs are recognized bya computer, but xTIMEcomposer doesn't find any of them. I tried restarting xTIMEcomposer, project, boards and computer with no difference.Any idea what's wrong?
gkrusi

Post by gkrusi »