Beginner for Xmos XC-3 Led Tile

Non-technical related questions should go here.
sandeepmalladi

Beginner for Xmos XC-3 Led Tile

Post by sandeepmalladi »

hi,

my name is sandeep...i have purchased a XMOS XC-3 Led Title Kit and i was using the XMOS desktop tool for flashing my own program.i have flashed my program in this way xmos desktoptool11.2->run->runas->write to xflash memory as and when i have flashed the program wid this procedure it stopped displaying XMOS logo and started glowing all the leds in definite color... can any one help in solving the problem and post the procedure for executing my program.

Thanks ...
Last edited by sandeepmalladi on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

Post by Interactive_Matter »

Hi sandeep,

this is unfortunate.

I am currently maintaining the Led Tile Software over at github: https://github.com/xcore/sw_led_tile_controller
Regarding to your problem the code is still unchanged.

First of all: Where did you find the LED Matrix to drive with the XC-3 kit. I am still looking for an compatible Matrix, but did not find any. I am currently rewrituing the software to drive a different matrix (yes, that is true, you have to rewrite parts of the software to use a different pinout - but this will change).

From my knowledge (which can be wrong) the software on the XC-3 kit is the same as in the source repository. So the behaviour should be the same.

Here are some things you can try:
a) is the correct driver configured?
b) is the logo rendered in file ledbuffer.xc (guarded by #elif defined LOGO)

Perhaps it helps you

Marcus
sandeepmalladi

Post by sandeepmalladi »

Interactive_Matter wrote:Hi sandeep,

this is unfortunate.

I am currently maintaining the Led Tile Software over at github: https://github.com/xcore/sw_led_tile_controller
Regarding to your problem the code is still unchanged.

First of all: Where did you find the LED Matrix to drive with the XC-3 kit. I am still looking for an compatible Matrix, but did not find any. I am currently rewrituing the software to drive a different matrix (yes, that is true, you have to rewrite parts of the software to use a different pinout - but this will change).

From my knowledge (which can be wrong) the software on the XC-3 kit is the same as in the source repository. So the behaviour should be the same.

Here are some things you can try:
a) is the correct driver configured?
b) is the logo rendered in file ledbuffer.xc (guarded by #elif defined LOGO)

Perhaps it helps you

Marcus
but that's not the problem i have checked it and my configuration is 16x32 led matrix and i wanna change the matrix size to 16x48
sandeepmalladi

Post by sandeepmalladi »

can u pls provide me some stuff and procedural steps to flash or reprogram the xcore device
sandeepmalladi

Post by sandeepmalladi »

dear sir,

My tftp is also not working when i have flashed the program by above procedure
Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

sandeepmalladi wrote:dear sir,

My tftp is also not working when i have flashed the program by above procedure
Hi,

ok now you have tested:

- writing it to flash
- updating it over TFTP

The last thing you can try is to let it run as XMOS Application (the it is loaded via JTAG). I assume that it will not work correct either.

So I suspect that the program itself is not working AND different from the version in the flash memory when the XC-3 was shipped.

So which version of the XC-3 software are you running? 10.4 or from the github repository?

Marcus
sandeepmalladi

Post by sandeepmalladi »

I am using the 10.4 software
Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

sandeepmalladi wrote:I am using the 10.4 software
OK, then you are on your own.

Not really!

I always thought the 10.4 software worked out of the box!

Can you switch to the github version on https://github.com/xcore/sw_led_tile_co ... aintenance ?

It would be best if you fork it into a private repository as described in the github help page http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/ and check that out

I think it is best to work on the version_1.0_maintenance branch since there should go all the bugfixes for the former 10.4 version

Have you worked with git before?

I think the next logical step is to debug the code to see where it goes wrong and what.

Marcus
sandeepmalladi

Post by sandeepmalladi »

xmake -f Makefile all
cd app_ledtile && xmake all
xmake[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/sandeepreddy/workspace/ap_led_tile_controller/app_ledtile'
xmake[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/sandeepreddy/workspace/ap_led_tile_controller/app_ledtile'
xmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `/.xe', needed by `all'. Stop.
xmake: *** [app_ledtile.all] Error 2

this is the error iam facing with ur code while building ........
Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

sandeepmalladi wrote:xmake -f Makefile all
cd app_ledtile && xmake all
xmake[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/sandeepreddy/workspace/ap_led_tile_controller/app_ledtile'
xmake[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/sandeepreddy/workspace/ap_led_tile_controller/app_ledtile'
xmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `/.xe', needed by `all'. Stop.
xmake: *** [app_ledtile.all] Error 2

this is the error iam facing with ur code while building ........
OK, you have included the xcommon repository?