Integrating XMOS processors with custom PCB board designs

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Folknology wrote:The Haka link doesn't work for me can you check it?
It was OK for me, but my German has deteriorated since I studied it at school 54 years ago!

octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

EuroPCB was one of the best european manufacturer I know. Some friends were used to make their boards there, and the quality was exceptionnal (the setup fees were a bit high).
I'm going to order a little batch of a board for an intelligent display I'm working on, and I'm planning to test
this service http://www.multipcb.de/eng/sites/pool/index.html (german company).

btw, anyone tried this service http://www.custompcb.com/index.htm ??? their prices seems low.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

I'm tempted to order from them, I mean custompcb. I'll have to draw some board first ;-). I have something in the works but it will take probably a week.
I ordered from multipcb in the past, they only ship to bussinesses (Universities too) and not end -users. Boards are well done and they are quite fast.

please tell us if you will order something from them, any of them :).
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

ale500 wrote:
please tell us if you will order something from them, any of them :).
I'll do for sure. for custompcb you can order a free sample (they will send you an already done PCB to let you check quality).
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Yes I saw that too. But instead of wating for a free sample I rather wait for a pcb I need :).

Edit: In their prototype order form I do not see where it says if the price is for a single or double-sided pcb...
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

I just said that (sample PCB) as I dont have anything ready to submit right now. So I personally ordered the free samples to win time.

As for their quote, it's for two layers. Under the form (on first page) you have this mention:
Rates for 2 layers 0.062" FR4 1 oz copper,
Green Soldermask, White Legend. 2 weeks turn
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

I received today from http://www.custompcb.com/index.htm their sample boards.
I must say that the quality is quite impressive, really extremely well done, even better than some commercial boards I have seen. I think I'll order from them some real boards to check if it's the real quality or if the samples are done in high quality just to attract customers.
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

octal wrote:I received today from http://www.custompcb.com/index.htm their sample boards.
I must say that the quality is quite impressive, really extremely well done, even better than some commercial boards I have seen. I think I'll order from them some real boards to check if it's the real quality or if the samples are done in high quality just to attract customers.
With this news, we will all eagerly await the progress of your plans for your own design XMOS development kits! ;) :)
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Octal:

On Friday I got a batch of PCBs from custompcb. I got 5 boards (I selected 4). They look really good and as far as I could test one works :). I'm more concerned if my circuit works. The board has quite tight a tolerance: 7 mils (0.178 mm) and 0.35 mm holes. I ordered on the 14th of March, so the boards showed up really fast... 7 working days and 2 to deliver.

Thanks !
chow

Post by chow »

I used www.expresspcb.com to make a small run 2 months ago and was pleased with the service.