xCORE-200 eXplorer USB to I2S

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
ColdKeyboard

xCORE-200 eXplorer USB to I2S

Post by ColdKeyboard »

Hi everyone,

Is there a multichannel USB audio to I2S example that can run on xCORE-200 eXplorer kit, preferably "out of the box"?
Something that is newbie friendly would be a great start. :)
If not, what would be the next best thing to give a try?

I tried compiling and running `app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc` example (Makefile target `Audio Class 2, Input (8), Output (8), No MIDI, No SPDIF i/o, No ADAT i/o, TDM mode`) but I can't
get any output on the GPIO pins and also USB device is not enumerated when connected. Only the LEDs change colour which tells me it's sort of working but not really. :)

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Not an audio developer but see if the following helps to get you started.

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6779
ColdKeyboard

Post by ColdKeyboard »

Hi Mon,

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think my issue is with compiling the code or running it on the chip. Both of those steps pass without any issues, but I'm thinking that the project may be misconfigured, the binary might have been built for a different chip, wrong offsets or something along those lines.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Right, you want the XK-AUDIO-216-MC-AB (multi-channel audio board) if you want something that works out of the box.

The xCORE-200 eXplorer kit could support what you want with some additional key components, not least a master clock (e.g. 24.576 MHz). It will take some work so it's interesting, but it could be a little frustrating for an XMOS beginner. It's worthwhile if you have the time to do it but -- just so you know -- you'll probably have to figure most of it out on your own.