XTC Tools 15.0.6 released

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

I hope there is a solution in the new world order for notifications: I use them a lot.

It may be possible to replicate them with events going the other way, i.e. both communicating tasks acting as servers to some extent, but I haven't looked into this in any detail. Like akp, I may end up stuck in the past, where they did things better.

CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

XTC tools 15.1.0 is available. Rev 15.0.6 is mistakenly shown as a release of xTIMEcomposer in the archive.
aclassifier
Respected Member

Post by aclassifier »

akp wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:07 pm At the end of the day, I'm probably a luddite but not a complete idiot -- I understand why XMOS is doing it. They need to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I just think it's a dumb idea from my perspective.
I agree on "everything" said in this thread (which has an outdated heading already! (which is good)). (Wow: new editor in XCore Exchange!)

I wish everybody were like me (!), who have enjoyed a lot but also struggled with xTIMEcomposer and xC. I mean, if everybody were as relieved as I for not writing C and enjoying xC for what it is worth, the xC system would have come to 20.0 by now. (And there would have been a Wikipedia page on xC for not lack of external references, because so many would have written about it. (There was one, which was deleted by Wikipedia)). But from working in industry 40+ years I certainly understand why XMOS had to take the C coder's perspective, not mine. I have five rather large projects for my single boxes, and I sit alone and write to this screen, to taking in all the "advanced" themes is far reaching.

But working more with C, learning the macros/extensions and the freeRTOS system (the white paper is rather gorgeous) will hopefully help my grey cells dance again.

I have been trying! Here are my two blogs after the new scheme:
And starting to think about a Wikipedia page again:

My lexical attempt at xC
--
Øyvind Teig
Trondheim (Norway)
https://www.teigfam.net/oyvind/home/
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

Several new videos have been posted on the xmos YouTube channel, including a presentation on using C with xCore devices. link
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

The xcore SDK release put back from this month to "early 2022" link
aclassifier
Respected Member

Post by aclassifier »

Thanks! From "Coming in November 2021" (in October) to "Coming in early 2022" now. Now we know, good.

However, the contents of the page hasn't changed.

But I would still like a the xcore.ai Explorer Board to be offered at https://www.xmos.ai/xcore-ai/.
--
Øyvind Teig
Trondheim (Norway)
https://www.teigfam.net/oyvind/home/