file not found

First time on the site? Say hello here!
nick

file not found

Post by nick »

Hi,
I'm trying to add some directories to an existing project (the application note AN00203 from XMOS). I'm using XTimeComposer on Mac.
I've attached a screenshot of my project directories.
On build, I get a fatal error message because of a file not found. The file is located in another subdirectory of the "a2bstack" directory (added in my project).
I've already tried to add the path of the "a2bstack" directory in: "Project properties -> C/C++ General -> Path and Symbols -> Includes", but didn't work.
Then I tried to add the same path in the makefile but without success. I got the same build error.

Where do I have to add the path of new directories?
Thank you
Attachments
Project_directories.png
(91.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Project_directories.png
(91.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet

fabriceo
XCore Addict

Post by fabriceo »

Hi, well usually just doing a "clean" before "build" solve this kind of things :)
nick

Post by nick »

Hi fabriceo,
thank you for your answer. I tried but it didn't work. I also tried to re-index the projects but it didn't work as well.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Can you review this webpage and post your results?

https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/ ... ludes.html
nick

Post by nick »

Thank you mon2.
I don't see some of that settings in xTime Composer. I've already tried to add the path in the general settings (as the webpage you posted says), without success.
I managed to add a global path in the includes and this fixes the include problem of the files. But it seems that I can't use some peripheral (like XMOS timers) in the files that I added in my project.
For example:
I included the file "xs1.h" and then I declared I timer. The error I get is "use of undeclared identifier timer". As though it's not including the XMOS file.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Can you try the AN00174 for the StartKit? Just start a fresh workspace -> left bar in IDE -> Examples -> search for AN00174 and double-click to import and then select to Build All. The tool will auto import any missing files and/or libraries.

Does this project build for you without errors?

Review the source code for this project as it is based on timer usage.

I am suspecting that you are facing a local issue with the MAC OS. Which tool version are you using? OS details?
nick

Post by nick »

I noticed that the extension of the file in which I was working was .c instead of .xc. Changing the extension in .xc solved the problem with the timer.
I solved the issue with the inclusion of the files using global paths.
Anyway I'm using XTimeComposer 14.4.1 on OS 10.14.6.

Thank you for your reply