Migrating from XHRA to XU208

Discussions about USB Audio on XMOS devices
jmag99

Post by jmag99 »

I just assumed not connect it since all of the documentation for the part says not to connect it if you are bus powered... I can add the connection (which I did for testing), but would be nice if this worked as the documentation says that it should.

jmag99

Post by jmag99 »

For those wondering, xmos pointed me to the solution here:
https://www.xmos.com/developer/download ... 1.0%29.pdf

I will follow-up on this thread once I test and confirm that it works.
jmag99

Post by jmag99 »

I can confirm that the above link is the fix for the VBUS issue. The link to the updated library is broken but can be found here:
https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=7184

You just replace the modules with the new ones and do a clean build.
pasnew

Post by pasnew »

Hi,

This link is once more broken....

Anyone have the working link ?
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Seems to me that XMOS is deliberately making it difficult to retrieve high quality documentation about indepth technical details or old software that might be useful for some of us customers. I don't know why.
sleepfox
Member++

Post by sleepfox »

Hi, instead of 24mHZ, can I use 12mHZ as system clock? Will the internal PLL be able to scale it up? If yes, what part of code should I modify accordingly? Thanks.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

You shouldn't have any problem using 12MHz for system clock. You will need to edit the .xn file and that should be it. Refer to Sec 7 of https://www.xmos.com/download/XU208-256 ... (1.16).pdf -- the XU208 in TQ64 will boot with any clock from 9 - 25MHz. And note that the only clocks that will work with the USB PHY enabled are 24MHz and 12MHz. So then if you just change Oscillator="24MHz" to Oscillator="12MHz" in the xn file it will probably work tickety-boo.
Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

Hey all,

Anybody have this problem... so I had all this stuff working on July 31st when I switched workplace to look at an old product. When I came back it appears as though xTime has lost is path to anything. If it fails to get to the internet (don't know why have a 500M pipe) then a compile fails in endpoint0.c finding XUD.h. If it does have access to xmos.com then it fails again in endpoint0.c but it cannot find DFU_types.h

macOS 10.14.6, MacBook Pro 15 i9x6, 32G, 2TB SSD

Any help would be appreciated, have an audio show in 4 days :(

Driving me crazy for the last month going to start over today on a different computer

Thanks,
Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

I suspect you did clean before build?
Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

Akp,

Yes I did a clean, before build all.

~~~ Ok second MacBook Pro 13, i5 16G 10.14.6

Fresh install of everything followed all 17 pages of this just in case I missed something. Created a workplace, imported the ZIP file in did a clean (so not my source code, but the original xhra->208) updated the usbaudio.xc file did a clean and then a build all.

In audiohw.xc the compiler cannot find devicedefines.h, i2c.h and another one I forget.

Imported my project into a separate workplace and did a compile and I get the same error as before.

~~~ Also if anyone from XMOS is listening.... *** I still get xTime to crash every time I do a clean ***

Guess I will try this on Windows and see what happens.

Thanks,
Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.