Remove LED program in starKIT.

First time on the site? Say hello here!
jems
Member++

Remove LED program in starKIT.

Post by jems »

Hello guys!!!
Actually yesterday I was working one project and somehow I wanted to check it works fine or not I tried to write down program basically LED glowing example.
When it worked perfectly so I started one another project and over time build and test it worked perfectly.
When I did write down another example into startKIT it perfectly flash it.
But the problem occurs when hardware working previously flashed program(glowing led example).
I tried so many time but still, it shows the same result.
Even I did read artical related for this problem and short the spi cs pin 1 and 3.3v pin on power off mode.
When I power up still glow the 5 leads in an x pattern.
I hope you will help with this problem.
Thanks in advance.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi jems. Going from memory but fairly confident that the default program inside the XMOS CPU and stored inside the OTP (one time programmable memory) is the program you are referencing.

That is, from the factory, the LED spinning code is stored inside the OTP so if your external flash device is missing, desoldered or blank then the OTP code will run by default.

Respectively, consider to load up another demo code and intentionally change the source code to identify as your own (ie. make the LED blink rate faster or slower) -> reflash the memory and see if it sticks. Your external code inside the flash device should override the booting of the internal OTP factory code.
jems
Member++

Post by jems »

Thanks for the reply.
As per your suggestion, I tried to write down a program led with delay changes but still works the same it is.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Please post your code (use the proper format tags for easier viewing); how you are flashing to the external flash memory device for a quick review.

Share any screen shots if possible.
jems
Member++

Post by jems »

This problem occurred because of the output pin connected to SPI Pin.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. So the board is now working? If yes, please mark this thread as solved.