Usb Audio output stops working after some unplug/replug sessions Topic is solved

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
tilde
Member++

Usb Audio output stops working after some unplug/replug sessions

Post by tilde »

Hello,

I found a bug in Usb audio tutorial. I use sw_usb_audio - usb_audio6.15.2 on board XCORE-200 MC AUDIO, with Usb Audio Class 2.0 enabled, on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

- When Usb audio class 2.0, with HID disabled(single Usb device), than everything works OK, for Win7, Win10, too.

- When Usb audio class 2.0, with HID enabled(composite device), than everything works OK, but after some manual usb unplug/replug sessions the usb audio output stops work correctly under Win 10. Under Windows 7 it works properly. The problem is: In device managger everything is OK, and I can see, and setup audio output device in Control Panel/Sound too, but I can't hear any audio on hardware output.

The difference between two windowses is the driver used. Windows7 uses a Thesycon driver, and Windows10 has a native driver from Windows.

With kind regards
Tilde
View Solution
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Both of the drivers are developed by Thesycon.

The Win10 OS supplied version is reported to be developed by Thesycon on the Microsoft landing page but may be a basic package vs. a commercial release available as an option.

reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... io-drivers
tilde
Member++

Post by tilde »

I tested the audio with the demo version of commercial Thesycon driver under win10, too. It is much better than the basic win10 driver. It sometimes crashes only when audio is played from windows, and simultaneously the usb cable is unplugged/replugged, too. Soft reset of hardware helps. :)
With kind regards
Tilde
tilde
Member++

Post by tilde »

Hello. I made many optimalizations (timing optimalization) on our hardware. Some parts of our code was too slow, so these can block the normal usb communication. After optimalization the system is stable. :) Many thanks for help.
With kind regards
Tilde