Can LED in MC Audio v2 Board be used with USB on tile 1 Topic is solved

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
lorenzochiesi

Can LED in MC Audio v2 Board be used with USB on tile 1

Post by lorenzochiesi »

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand if can the LEDs connected to Tile1 ports in MA Audio v2 Board can be used while USB PHY is assigned to tile1

LED are connected to pin X1D14 to X1D21 cortresponding to port 8B
If USB phy is associated to tile 1 seems that this port is connected to RXD and so is not available to drive LEDs.
Is it correct or there is some trick to wor around this and use LEDs?

Is possible maybe to run a minimal audio USB application using only tile 0 also for XUD (no MIDI ATAD SPDIF)

thanks

View Solution
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Is it correct or there is some trick to wor around this and use LEDs?
Hi, there is a thing called port precedence in XMOS which basically means the narrowest port has highest priority in the port mux on the pin. So if you are using P8B for USB, you can still use P4C and P4D to get to the pins..
Is possible maybe to run a minimal audio USB application using only tile 0 also for XUD (no MIDI ATAD SPDIF)
Unfortunately not. While there is more than enough processing and memory to do this, using the USB PHY on tile 0 would mean you lose the ports connected to MCLK, SCLK, LRCLK and some ADC inputs.. However a custom HW design ensuring the ports don't clash would work.

PS. I fund this very helpful for port mapping/planning https://www.xmos.com/published/xcore-20 ... es-portmap
lorenzochiesi

Post by lorenzochiesi »

Many thanks,

It perfectly work!!

I was just updating my custom PCB were I have used tile1 port 8A and 8B for GPIO