XC-1A price raised without notice?

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
kster59
XCore Addict

XC-1A price raised without notice?

Post by kster59 »

I wanted to buy a number of XC-1A units for a prototype run and noticed the discount of $69 is gone for more than 1 unit (1st unit is $99, $69 for additional units).

Did XMOS raise the price without telling anyone?

Can we still get in on the $69 price?

jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

Good question. I would like the answer too.
Joerg
Member++

Post by Joerg »

Hi kster59,

you are correct the promotional price for additional boards is no longer available.

As any other business, XMOS reserves the right to review its pricing policies at any time and change them without notice

If you are interested in purchasing a volume order of XK-1 boards, please contact XMOS sales at https://www.xmos.com/products/contact for volume discounts. We are looking forward to supporting you in your XMOS projects.

Best Regards

Joerg
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

Joerg,

Any idea why the price changed? I doubt it had anything to do with "making more money" or reducing costs - it sounds like a distributional problem of some kind forced a change. These things often crop up when there are several different places to buy something and a variety of discounts on offer (XMOS, Digikey and now Future).

I'm sure your customers will mind a lot less if you can communicate some kind of sensible commercial reason behind the decision, and I doubt XMOS has anything to hide...

Thanks!
dave
Member++

Post by dave »

Apologies for this. We are working on a standard discount system that we can use both on our on-line store and with our distribution partners. It seems that we have switched off the existing scheme before putting the new one in place.

However, academic purchasers are entitled to a 15% discount on everything:

http://www.xmos.com/company/education

I hope we'll be able to put a new scheme in place soon.
kster59
XCore Addict

Post by kster59 »

Can we get the old price in the meantime?

Usually there's some notice like "price raising next week" which gives everyone a run for the current stock.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

kster59 wrote:Can we get the old price in the meantime?

Usually there's some notice like "price raising next week" which gives everyone a run for the current stock.
Did you ever get any reply?
kster59
XCore Addict

Post by kster59 »

It would be nice to get the XC-1A but I decided to focus on developing my own controller which was ready to be in production.

However, now the XMOS store seems not to stock parts anymore and it's available for order only through Digikey.

These sudden changes really wreck havoc on my plans to order parts. I sent XMOS an email and hope they can fulfill the order; otherwise the project will be a lot more expensive that originally planned.
dave
Member++

Post by dave »

We are about to launch a new academic program. We're still
working out details.

For the moment, we can do some great deals on XC-1As and
XMP64s. We're keen to get the XC-1As into student labs and
student projects. And we're keen to get the XMP64s into both
research and student labs.

So - if you order before the end of June 2010, here are two
offers: 60 XC-1As at $4000; 30 XC-1As + XMP64 at $3000.

If you'd like to take up this offer, please get in touch with me
directly - dave@xmos.com.

And - please tell your friends!