SparkFun Development Kit

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
jonathan
Respected Member

SparkFun Development Kit

Post by jonathan »

The SparkFun XMOS Development Kit recently had a large production run of 60-odd units, so these are now back in stock along with the XTAG2 programmers at Sparkfun:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... ts_id=9428

Obviously if you have ideas for boards, post here or get in touch with SparkFun - and they might just happen...

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Do you know if they have fixed the earlier issues they had with uart pins being shared between the USB FTDI and the XSYS header?
They were talking about a new PCB, but the site still has the note about track cutting and possible scratches on the board.
Is there any side effects if the tracks are cut rather than fixed by a new PCB?

regards
Al
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

Folknology wrote:Do you know if they have fixed the earlier issues they had with uart pins being shared between the USB FTDI and the XSYS header?
They were talking about a new PCB, but the site still has the note about track cutting and possible scratches on the board.
Is there any side effects if the tracks are cut rather than fixed by a new PCB?

regards
Al
Our understanding is that they have simply cut the tracks (very discreetly) that caused the problem on this batch of boards. The boards should now program absolutely as they were intended to. The boards have been tested working with the fix.

They've sold quite a few (must be 30+ now) and some of the users have applied the fix themselves. No reported problems yet!
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I've modded both of my boards, and it's fixed the problems. I've ordered two of the "scratched" boards.

Leon
mio

Post by mio »

Hello,
I also bought it (was written at xmoslinkers).

The stock revived again.
But SFE says in the mail to me,
The latest build posted on the web page has these traces already cut.
There will be a revision in that fixes this problem within the next
month and a half.
I will do an additional order by the $100 campaign at 1/7.
However, the correction doesn't seem to be in time :(
mio / a.k.a. yu-pi-te-ru at http://moxi.jp/
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

http://www.watterott.com/XMOS

Seem to be a SparkFun distributor in Europe. Could prove handy for some people. They are selling the SparkFun board and the XTAG-2 in Euros.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

My two "scratched" boards have just been delivered. They haven't done it very neatly, but they work OK. I ordered them direct from SFE with Fedex delivery.

Leon
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

jonathan wrote:http://www.watterott.com/XMOS

Seem to be a SparkFun distributor in Europe. Could prove handy for some people. They are selling the SparkFun board and the XTAG-2 in Euros.
Thats good news - I hope the other Sparkfun distributors start stocking it as well.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Little Bird Electronics of Australia and
warf.com of Thailand are also stocking the Sparkfun board.
nagmier
Member++

Post by nagmier »

I noticed that there is an XSYS connector on this board...would it be possible to get this board to communicate over xlinks with the xk-1? I have been looking into purchasing another xk-1 but this might be the ticket any ideas? I may just have to try it out if noone knows.