XC-1A

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Juhizo

Post by Juhizo »

And now we have "narrower" ports.. Liked on XC1 that external memory was easier to implement... Things got very difficult now.

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Juhizo wrote:And now we have "narrower" ports.. Liked on XC1 that external memory was easier to implement... Things got very difficult now.
5 8-bit ports or 3 8-bit ports and a 16-bit port.
yes the XC-1 has two 16-bit ports but i don't think this is a big issue.

And i was wrong about the BGA package :p
Juhizo

Post by Juhizo »

But now ports are spreaded over cores, XC1 has all four connectors for core2, if I remember correctly. Or can we use channels to control other cores port's at full speed :shock: Don't know of that. If we can, then there isn't any problems and I'll learned something new :D
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Juhizo wrote:But now ports are spreaded over cores, XC1 has all four connectors for core2, if I remember correctly. Or can we use channels to control other cores port's at full speed :shock: Don't know of that. If we can, then there isn't any problems and I'll learned something new :D
afaik you cannot directly control an other core's ports through a link.
So if you intend to have a lot of pins on one core and use the other cores just for processing the setup in the XC-1 might be better.
Juhizo

Post by Juhizo »

But what I understood XC1 is now "obsolete,discontinued" or however that is said. I'ts hard to get them :(
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

The XC-1A is now available from Digi-Key and XMOS.

Leon