PCB Design in ASCII please

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
stevewidg

PCB Design in ASCII please

Post by stevewidg »

Hello,
Im looking at using an XMOS in a new design, but cant open Orcad design files in my PCB software ( Pulsonix) as it can only import ASCII files. Could some kind soul at XMOS ( or Orcad user) please re-save Layout and symbol files in ASCII format for me. I am happy to re post back with Pulsonix files if anyone else is interested
Im currently interested in 144 BGA G4, but be nice to have the lot.
Many thanks
Steve

leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Seconded!

I've created the PSX part you are after, but it needs checking.
stevewidg

Post by stevewidg »

Thanks Leon,
Doesnt look like there is anyone in XMOS, or otherwise with Orcad that wants to help out, so can I take you up on your offer please, and I'll check it out.
I did send an email to your account in your profile,.
Regards
Steve
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I didn't receive it, but it might be in my spam folder. It isn't, so I don't know what happened to it.

I stupidly put my XMOS schematic symbols in my main library, so I've moved them into an XMOS symbol library. I've uploaded the exported files here:

http://www.leonheller.com/XMOS/XMOS.zip

It would be a good idea to check them, and the footprints might need some adjustment to pad sizes and so on.
stevewidg

Post by stevewidg »

Hi Leon,
Sorry to be a nuisance but I dont have the advanced ASCII import option after all. Would you mind very much resaving the pulsonix part in Binary.
I hope this doesnt stop anyone posting the ASCII files as originally requested as you should be able to import in your version Leon.
Many thanks
Steve
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Sorry about that; I've never used that Export facility before and I thought I'd try it. They look like EDIF files, with that list structure.

I just uploaded the actual library files, they should be OK.
stevewidg

Post by stevewidg »

Hi Leon,
Sorry but where did you put files. They dont appearr to be in the Zip file. Ive left it a good few hours to wait for change to trickle through.

Regards
Steve
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Sorry, I put them in the wrong folder. I've just uploaded them to the previous location.

I've asked Pulsonix if they can create a library from the XMOS files. They have the other programs, and they have done that sort of thing for me before.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Pulsonix told me that they can't read the files with the versions of the software they have.

I've raised a support ticket asking if ASCII files could be made available. The files were probably provided by Varisys, who design most of the XMOS PCBs.