XMOS has discontinued doing design reviews.

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
Matt

XMOS has discontinued doing design reviews.

Post by Matt »

Hey People,

Just thought I would let people know that XMOS have discontinued doing design reviews. Although it is still available on the support site dont count on it :-( I just finished laying out my board and was hoping for them to give it the once over before I had some prototypes made up. My electronics design could be better :-)
If there is anyone who has 5 minutes to give it the once over before I blow a couple of hundred dollars please let me know. I would be greatly appreciative.

Matt

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Are you looking for schematics or board design review?

And i would be careful making such statements without further sources or official statements from XMOS itself.
I'm pretty sure they have a spare 5-min if I order a million xcores and need my board checked!
Matt

Post by Matt »

I am just posting what I have been told personally. I have a schematic and a completed board designed that I submitted via a support ticket and recieved the following reply.
"Thanks for contacting XMOS, but unfortunately, we have discontinued doing schematic reviews internally to Engineering at XMOS. I will pass this ticket on to Larry, who is our FAE for your region and may be able to help."
Hopefully Larry will be able to assist and I understand the service must be taxing on resources for XMOS. I guess I am little disappointed.
Bianco who orders a million xcores before getting their design checked and a prototype or two made?

Matt