Project VDP-1

Non-technical related questions should go here.
deadshot
Member++

Post by deadshot »

yzoer,

The error is an out-of-memory error (after removing layer0)...I am hoping that you have time to try and just compile the code for XC-5 development boards. It is like searching in the dark for me...

By removing the second layer there will be no background, right? Just the sprites (mario, coins, and bullet)...It seems like 64K Ram should go alot further....

yzoer
XCore Addict

Post by yzoer »

Hi!

Yeah, it'd basically be without a background but sprites and everything should still be there. I'll see what I can do tonight!

-Yvo
yzoer
XCore Addict

Post by yzoer »

Hi There!

In order to run it on an XC-5 board, you need to change VDP_CORE in VDP.H to 0 and free up as much memory as you can. Easiest way to do that is to get rid of both layer0 and layer1 and trim down the number of tiles.

This doesn't mean you won't be able to do anything btw. The layers and tiles come in somewhere around 10-20k IIRC, so you should have plenty of space.

Let me know how things go!

-Yvo
deadshot
Member++

Post by deadshot »

Yzoer,

I have been looking through your ASM code and have a quick question...what does the following global reference do...

.globl vga, "f{0}(o:p,o:p,o:p,chd)" //,&a(:us))"

what is "(o:p,o:p,o:p,chd)" //,&a(:us))"
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

That is the description of are the arguments for the function. They are described in the assembly manual (that just now I can't find at xmos web site!)
deadshot
Member++

Post by deadshot »

ale500

thank you for the reply...if you find the link please post it