PAA - programable analogue (block) array

Non-technical related questions should go here.
errordeveloper

PAA - programable analogue (block) array

Post by errordeveloper »

well, may be a separate programable analogue array with more open kind of technology could be the right answer to all this ....

shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

One of the coolest FPGA's, is the Actel Fusion where they did just that they embedded an ADC that multiplexes 30
or so channels. Speed is so so, latency is most critical path. That makes it very cool in my book. I can see a specialized
class of XMOS chips with different PAA bandwidths depending on the application. maybe a PAA series chip would be right down that alley. I still want raw core with minimum abstractions. A PAA series chip with XMOS core in parallel concurrent, event threading with analog would shake thing up a bit. Nice idea.
errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

shawn wrote:One of the coolest FPGA's, is the Actel Fusion where they did just that they embedded an ADC that multiplexes 30
or so channels. Speed is so so, latency is most critical path. That makes it very cool in my book. I can see a specialized
class of XMOS chips with different PAA bandwidths depending on the application. maybe a PAA series chip would be right down that alley. I still want raw core with minimum abstractions. A PAA series chip with XMOS core in parallel concurrent, event threading with analog would shake thing up a bit. Nice idea.
Yeah ;)

well, i suppose you know Cpyress PSoC (ARM Cortex based) http://www.cypress.com/?id=1353
but as i said, we need a more kind of 'open' technology, as psoc needs it's own gui ide :(
i don't think you can just do it in C ..hm, not sure if they provide an instruction set for the analogue programming either ..(
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

ANALOG
osillators
op-amps
filters passive active
sensors
emiters
A lot of (beutifull) point to point wiring.
blinking lites
Dynamic switching perhaps with reed relays for audio : )

I once owned a Synthesizer , a K150 Kurzweil. It used a MC^68010 to control a set of osillators to achieve a dynamic
range of 104Db... 64 osillators me thinks. It was mono only. Oh memories.... Powerfull wonderfull sounds, the MC68010
was apsolutley taxed doing multi channel multi timbre cycle stealing. I miss the k15o, so, so waht ?I could rebuild one,
even better with an XmOS. just for fun :roll:
errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

Well, i build synths using Pure Data (pd for short),

do you know it? http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques.htm

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html

I just would like to work on hadware interfaces ..in terms of audio IO and HID's :)

the rest I would do with pd :))

(and linux os) ..
errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

But of course programmable analogue circuits would be of great help!!
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Thanks for the Pure Data link. didn't know it, now I do.
You build synthe's, That's very cool.
I went a head and purchased enough N2 reflow equip
to built about any module we could think of. Right now
I busy reconciling the slightley used gear I purchased.
With a little luck time and money i may produce something
decent. Extreme Audio with XMOS, pizza and beer. 8-)