Link to xmos.com

Non-technical related questions should go here.
Vaati

Link to xmos.com

Post by Vaati »

I think it might be best to add a link to xmos.com, so people know that this isn't the main site... Maybe under the "quick links" at the bottom of the page or something.

Just a suggestion.

DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

Vaati wrote:I think it might be best to add a link to xmos.com, so people know that this isn't the main site... Maybe under the "quick links" at the bottom of the page or something.

Just a suggestion.
I don't s'pose it'd harm but likewise I don't think it's really necessary. XCore is very clear in detailing that it is a "community" and beyond that there are references to "XMOS embedded processors" everywhere, which I think would give people a clue that it is not the XMOS site. After all, I'd think anybody that is here by intention (as opposed to stumbling onto the site by accident) will know full well what an XMOS is and probably want extra information (datasheets, etc) which I'm sure they'll realise where to obtain (once they realise they're not here, if not before). Even if there was a link I doubt people would read it as they'd either be here by choice (and hence not need to know otherwise) or would simply close the browser before getting that far.

This being said, I do not suppose there is anything to lose in doing so and if it clears confusion for even one person I guess it'd be helpful... It's not like it causes problem for those who do not need it! :)
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

It's not so much to make a point about it than to have a link to the website from the forums, mostly for convenience. It'd be nice to be able to scroll down to the bottom of the page for a quick link to the xcore site to check what an XK-1 is again. ;)

I definitely don't want the link to be put all over the site, but I am just saying that one link in the quick links section would definitely not go unused by me.

Edit: Also, I did actually happen to stumble across the forum first... I believe it was from sparkfun or something...
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Done