what's the difference between VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit and VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon avs

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
manco
New User

what's the difference between VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit and VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon avs

Post by manco »

i can't figure out the difference between VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit and VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon AVS on hardware, but there is difference in the available software list between them.
1,for VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon AVS, we have only document on https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=36991
2, but for VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit we have software support on https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=37033.

looks they are the same one in hardware, but what's the difference???
1, can we use the software of VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit in VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon AVS?
2, is there any binaries for VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon AVS special?

looking for help..

thanks
-manco

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Hi,
have spoken to my marketing colleagues to get you an official answer on this..
looks they are the same one in hardware, but what's the difference???
1, can we use the software of VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit in VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon AVS?
This is not supported by XMOS.
2, is there any binaries for VocalFusion Stereo Dev Kit for Amazon AVS special?
  • - Both kits use the XVF3500 voice processor
    - XK-VF3500-L33-AVS is pre-configured for use with Amazon Voice Services and requires a Raspberry Pi to run the AVS client. In this usage model, the XVF3500 is configured to operate as an I2S master for transferring the processed microphone output being sent to the RPi for transmission to AVS.
    - Whereas the XK-VF3500-L33 is pre-configured for an offline evaluation of the XVF3500. As such the XVF3500 is configured as a USB2.0 device and the voice processing capabilities of the XVF3500 can be evaluated using Audacity, or similar application, without the need to connect to an online ASR.