UF216 MIC ARRAY USB AUDIO EXAMPLE PROJECT Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
SimonFirstTimeXmos

UF216 MIC ARRAY USB AUDIO EXAMPLE PROJECT

Post by SimonFirstTimeXmos »

UF216 MIC ARRAY USB AUDIO EXAMPLE PROJECT

I was recently presented with a xCORE ARRAY MICROPHONE XK-USB-MIC-UF216.
I'd like to start with getting access to the 7 on-board mics and get the data out over USB (in something like Audacity).

I've seen questions similar to this in the Q&A section and they suggest starting with "an example application", "app_usb_aud_l1" or "USB audio example project".
I've downloaded all the application notes and software linked from https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=20258 and can't see what I need.
I suspect it's just a case of not knowing the right name by which its known.

Can anyone help point me to the right software to build and download onto the UF216 in order to run it as a simple 7 channel USB mic?

View Solution
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Yes - you can get this software by creating an XMOS account, clicking "Download USB Audio 2.0 Software" here https://www.xmos.com/support/software/uac2
and then building the app_usb_aud_mic_array app.

You probably want either the 2i8o2 or 1i8o2 build configuration depending on whether you would like USB audioi class 2.0 or 1.0
SimonFirstTimeXmos

Stunningly fast response!!
Exactly the information I was after.
I have the software and am building it.
Many thanks.
SimonFirstTimeXmos

So I've flashed the board with app_ub_aud_mic_array_2i802.xe (and subsequently app_ub_aud_mic_array_1i802.xe as I'm having issues).
I got the warnings as shown below, but as they were warnings and not errors I have chosen to ignore them for now):
Warning: F03098 Factory image and boot loader cannot be write-protected on flash device on node 0
xflash: Warning: F03148 --quad-spi-clock not given, using default 15.62MHz
xflash: Warning: F03149 QE_REGISTER and/or QE_BIT locations not found in XN file for this flash device. Using default quad_spi_qe_location_status_reg_0 and quad_spi_qe_bit_6.

But, when I re-plug the device directly into my Win10 PC no USB devices are recognised and nothing appears for selection in Audacity. There are no new devices appearing in Device Manager or Control Panel/Sound.
If I press the A button it toggles the state of the umpteen red LEDS so I'm sure the code has landed.

(1) When plugged in should I see a device appear somewhere?
(2) Are any additional drivers required?
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

The "2" in the 2i802 means UAC2, for which you will require a driver under Windows (unless you are using the latest version which I believe includes UAC2 drivers).
If you build any of the configurations starting with a "1" then this is UAC1 and you do not need a driver for Windows.