Xlink and Xscope & ADC readings simultaneously

All technical discussions and projects around startKIT
mdtmttp

Xlink and Xscope & ADC readings simultaneously

Post by mdtmttp »

Hi All,

I am currently working on a project trying to use two of the Xcore Startkit boards linked via the Xlink connector (link C).

This all works fine and I can run the sample program however I am having some issues when it comes to reading data from the ADC pins and outputing that data via Xscope at the same time. It appears to work on some attempts before freezing and on others it just wont work with no change in the code.

Has anyone managed to get this working / is it possible to do?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

andrew
Experienced Member

Post by andrew »

What rate are you trying to output the ADC value at?
mdtmttp

Post by mdtmttp »

Modifying the sample ADC program provided by Xmos I was able to comfortably get a sample rate of 40kHz while outputting the data via Xscope. While using Xlink however i have tried gradually bringing it lower and it still wont work at a sample rate of 40Hz. I fell like the boards should be able to go higher than that, especially as the tasks should be being handled on separate cores.

Edit: Having tried to work on it a little more, I think there is something more going on. Within the app to read the ADC data I have placed a print statement at the begining to try and make sure that it is running. I am then using an interface to pass this data over to the transmit function that can then pass this to the second board (based on the code from AN01024 b1). If I place the select case at the start of the while(1) loop the print line from the app runs, however if i try to move this inside the switch(comm_state) block (or to an entirely new function to get data from the interface) The line does not run, is there any intrinsic reason for this to be the case?

Thanks in advance,

Michael
mdtmttp

Post by mdtmttp »

Hi there,

Has anyone got any thoughts on this and whether it should be possible, it seems like I must be missing something.

Thanks,
Michael