AN00181_explorer_accelerometer on startKit

All technical discussions and projects around startKIT
rithesh

AN00181_explorer_accelerometer on startKit

Post by rithesh »

How do I use the accelerometer example on the startkit? I have my target in the run configuration set to startKit, and the code builds; the error that I get is:

xrun: Binary (xs2_reva) does not match architecture (xs1_revb)

I am pretty sure I have to be changing some configuration, but don't know where.. Help!

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hello rithesh. Application note AN00181 relates to the XCORE-200 = XS2 CPU series of XMOS CPU and is for a different development kit (Explorer Kit) which features an onboard accelerometer.

Do you have an external accelerometer attached to your startKit = XS1 CPU ?

https://www.xmos.com/support/appnotes/an00181

On this note, the binary generated by default for this application note will target the new XS2 series and not the XS1 series which you have on your startKit.

If you wish to target the source code for your XS1 then you may do so when you create a fresh project -> there you will be supplied with the option to select your target CPU or development kit.

Also, you can review and select your target CPU or development kit through the MAKEFILE present in your project. Double-click the MAKEFILE and from the presented menu, you can select the target of your choice.

The startKit is an amazing value for the price and great for learning about the XMOS architecture. Consider to test the LED matrix code example, etc.

Here is an excellent article on the use of the startKit:

https://www.element14.com/community/gro ... e-programs

Hope this helps.

Kumar
rithesh

Post by rithesh »

Dear Kumar,
Thank you for your prompt response, all I have to do is edit my makeFile to set the target and include libraries. I appreciate the help :)

p.s I deleted my early two responses that were made in haste

Rithesh