No Available Devices Found

All technical discussions and projects around startKIT
runfarr
New User

Post by runfarr »

I just received my startKIT in the mail yesterday. I have downloaded and installed xTIMEcomposer and it appears to be working, i.e. it will build a project. When I try to set up a Run Configuration and select the startKIT as a Target Device, none can be found. From the command line I enter

Code: Select all

xrun -l
and get the following response:

Code: Select all

. I am running Windows 7. Help!

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Are you on Windows 7 64 bit ? From our experience, a driver that was not signed was installed as a default. On 64 bit Windows operating systems, such a driver is not permitted to load without alternate bypass methods. The driver must be Microsoft signed for 64 bit platforms. Noting this, likely the issue is the JTAG driver -> confirm this by viewing your Device Manager -> do you see a yellow exclamation mark on the JTAG function ?

Note the documentation referenced below and specifically page # 8 for the correct driver package for 64 bit operating systems.

See URL for PDF on a procedure that worked on my system (Windows 7 64 bit with Community tool 13.0.0 + XMOS startKit). The filesize is greater than 512 KB so it could not be posted here. The PDF is hosted on our company server.

http://www.softio.com/doc/xmos_tutorial_v11.pdf

Let us know if this helps. Hope it does.
runfarr
New User

Post by runfarr »

I tried the recommended fix (twice, just to be sure). I get the same result. The only difference I can see is in the Device Manager:

[img]C:\Users\richard\Pictures\DeviceManager.jpg[/img]

It shows that my XMOS StartKIT is under XMOS Devices, not LibUSB-Win32 Devices.

Any other ideas are welcome.
Attachments
DeviceManager.jpg
(51.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DeviceManager.jpg
(51.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MLM
New User

Post by MLM »

I am having the same problem as runfarr except I am running on Windows 8 64 bit.

The device appears perfectly under "LibUSB-Win32 Devices" as "XMOS StartKIT" and the demo fading X LEDs are lighting.

jimb

Post by jimb »

Unfortunately you can add me to the list.
No devices found. Leds fading on and off. Device manager says device is ok?
jimb

Post by jimb »

Merry Christmas to all...
I have resolved this issue on my system.
I was connecting via USB HUB. As everyone has indicated, the device is shown connected and working by device manager but is not found by the development studio.
I moved my connection from the HUB to a port on my PC and the studio now found the board.
Hope this works for anyone else having this problem.

Have a Great NEW YEAR,

Jim
Where did all this snow come from????
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

jimb wrote:Merry Christmas to all...
I was connecting via USB HUB. As everyone has indicated, the device is shown connected and working by device manager but is not found by the development studio.
I moved my connection from the HUB to a port on my PC and the studio now found the board.

Have a Great NEW YEAR,

Jim
Where did all this snow come from????
Very interesting. In theory, the hub should not have made a difference but we will test for this as well. Curious if others are also using a HUB ? Or perhaps there is a hub controller internal on the motherboard ?
MLM
New User

Post by MLM »

jimb wrote:Merry Christmas to all...
Connecting it directly to my laptops USB Port worked for me as well.

I was not using a hub but I did have it run through this USB Isolator: http://www.circuitsathome.com/products- ... -populated
runfarr
New User

Post by runfarr »

Problem solved (?). While trying my startKIT on a linux box, I moved the physical location of the board. When I re-attached to my Windows machine, I used another USB port - this one is on the right-hand side, not the left. This time the startKIT was recognized and seems to be functioning properly. (I moved it again to the left where it failed, and again to the right where it works). My problem is "solved" in that I got it to work. But I don't know why. I suspect that my laptop (HP Pavilion dv7) uses various USB hubs/devices for its four ports.

Thanks for all the replies.
MatCat

Post by MatCat »

I am having this problem, I tried the alternative drivers and it is still not working, on Windows 7 64 bit, I can see it as pictured above on USB devices, but xtime refuses to see it.