keyboard controller

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
shando
New User

keyboard controller

Post by shando »

Hi all,

Just received my startkit and was wondering if there is any code available for using it as a keyboard controller complete with debounce?

I'm thinking of trying it out as an interface to my arcade cabinet as it could be useful for both analogue and digital controls.

Regards

Shando

Lefty4000

Post by Lefty4000 »

Not that I know of, although I would check in softTIP.

How are you going to connect the keyboard to the startKIT?
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

There is a PS/2 module on github/xcore or if you want to manually use GPIOs and debounce take a look at example on Xmos to get you started, if you get stuck just ask here.

regards
Al
shando
New User

Post by shando »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look at the suggested code, and see how I get on.

Wrt connecting the keyboard, I'm going to connect directly to the startkit ports as my proposed MAME setup is a little bit different to normal cabinets :)

I'm hoping to have a fully flexible setup using individual components (such as 4 way joystick, 8 way joystick, 2 button, 3 button, 7 button etc.) connected to a cat 5 patchboard which is in turn connected to the startkit, which will act as the keyboard encoder. This has been done before using AVRs and PICs, but what I'm excited about is the possibility of adding the true analog joysticks via the adc.

Regards

Shando
Lefty4000

Post by Lefty4000 »

Would be awesome to get updates and such.
I'm fairly interested in this as well.