I am newbie. Please help!

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
photivs

Post by photivs »

mmar wrote:If your project tree is as on screenshot, then main.c locate by path from top.
First directory app_usb_aud_l1 contains CPU type relevant code for L1 variants.
Next two have identical make sources for SU1 variants.

First for flash is click right on first line app_usb_aud_l1 and select build configurations = set active = for you 2ioxs, then right click and clean project. Console reply :

**** Clean-only build of configuration 2ioxs for project app_usb_aud_l1 ****

xmake CONFIG=2ioxs clean
"Cleaning ..../audio6_1/app_usb_aud_l1"
cmd /c if exist ".\bin\2ioxs" RMDIR /S /Q ".\bin\2ioxs"
cmd /c if exist ".\.build_2ioxs" RMDIR /S /Q ".\.build_2ioxs"

Right click and choice build project.

After build complete without errors you can flash .
Use (create) flash config with project first line app_usb_aud_l1 selected.

After flash turn off and on audio dev board.
Many thanks mmar for your advices and for the picture which is truly very enlightening.
Yes, the project tree after locating the corresponding zip file and importing into xTIME composer it appears the same like on your screenshot. In my previous message i had no idea that i obtained to flash the EEPROM with the right source code wich is indeed "2ioxs" because i unpluged the boards from PC and i placed them again into box. After reading your post, i pluged again both boards into my PC to give again a try and the evaluation board was again in operation! Sincerely i don't remember the sequence i followed to flash the eeprom. This time i followed the sequence described in your post and i managed to flash again the eeprom.
Few remarks:
a) When the 2ioxs file is imported and compiled by xTIMEcomposer i can see on the bottom table the process. After completion i can see: 0 errors and 19 warning messages. The issue is that you can't see on the upper table the C code unless you double click on any of the warnings. I think that it would be better if the C code opens automatically on the upper table after compilling of project. It confused me a lot.
b) The process to open with xTIME composer a working source code ready to flash the micro or the eeprom is very complex.
Anyway, i have now to built a custom PCB for my own demands with XS1-U8A-64 micro and the related flash eeprom. If there was a source code "2xoxx" ready for use with the above micro i would be happy. I will try to built it based on the DJ project as suggested by John above.
Many thanks again for your help.

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

We hope Farnell.UK (of which we are customers many years ago) will stock shortly XMOS parts.
Hot off the press..

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse ... allpartial
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Yay! that's a handy ordering option.

regards
Al
photivs

Post by photivs »

infiniteimprobability wrote:
We hope Farnell.UK (of which we are customers many years ago) will stock shortly XMOS parts.
Hot off the press..

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse ... allpartial
Hi infin.........
Many thanks for the information. I can see that Farnell has stocked and the version of XS1-L8-64 with just 48 pins. I am wondering if the 28 I/O ports of it are adequate for the given project, the original mcu of evaluation board has 128 pins and offers 64 I/O ports. I should take a look on schematics of evaluation board.
Thanks again.
TSC
Experienced Member

Post by TSC »

It's great that Farnell are now stocking XMOS products, but the pricing of XMOS dev kits on Farnell and Element14 (Farnell's brand name in Asia and Australasia) is a bit ridiculous compared to Digi-Key.

SliceKit Starter. XK-SK-L2-ST
Digi-Key: $149 USD
Farnell: £158.67 GBP = $253.37 USD
Element14 NZ: $469.15 NZD = $391.90 USD

AVB Reference Design. XK-AVB-LC-SYS
Digi-Key: $349.00 USD
Farnell: £349.34 GBP = $557.84 USD
Element14 NZ: $1,032.91 NZD = $862.82 USD

USB Audio 2.0 Reference Design. XR-USB-AUDIO-2.0
Digi-Key: $149.00 USD
Farnell: £133.34 GBP = $212.93 USD
Element14 NZ: $394.25 NZD = $329.29 USD