PWM tutorial error

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
johnswenson1
Member++

PWM tutorial error

Post by johnswenson1 »

I'm brand new to XMOS, I bought a slice kit and am trying to run the PWM tutorial in xTIMEcomposer.

When I get to the step where it says to click on the "c" buttom to create a new project, I follow the steps, select the slicekit, set the tile and port and click on Finish and immediately get the following error:

Problem encountered while generating project:PWM
(error in opening zip file)

There was a section in the beginning of the tutorial about downloading the source code so I did that, but now have no idea where to put it so the tutorial can find it.

So far not too promising.

This computer is running XP SP3. I was thinking maybe its a zip utility, I have 7zip installed rather than winzip that everybody else seems to use, could that be it?

I've tried deleting the software installation and downloading and reinstalling and that didn't make any different.

One interesting aspect is that while installing it says it installing the SDK, and it only takes about 2 seconds, a lot less time than most programs take to install. It puts the icons on the desktop and clicking on them brings up the gui, so it seems to have done something, but I'm wondering if some aspects of the installation didn't happen.

Thanks,

John S.

kris
Experienced Member

Post by kris »

Hi John,

Could you try deleting the contents of the cache directory in the tools to see if this fixes it? More details on this can be found in this post: https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2124

Cheers,
Kris.
johnswenson1
Member++

Post by johnswenson1 »

That was it!

Thanks,

John S.