Ideas for new features for the XTA

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
User avatar
Experienced Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 am

Ideas for new features for the XTA

Postby andrew » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am

For users of the XTA Tool, do you have any ideas for future improvements.
User avatar
XCore Expert
Posts: 955
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:53 am
Location: Sweden, Eskilstuna

Postby lilltroll » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 am

It would be nice if you could choose to skip some parts before entering the analasis.

If you have a program using math.h stdio.h and so on, the program will be a large, and the XTA will eat memory and take a lot of time. But my intrest is to look at the "90%" in the code, meaning analysing the time in smaller loops which are computed 90% of the CPU-time. Right now I disable the other "10% CPU time" code and compile before XTA analasis, thereafter I change back the code and recompile to test it live. ... if its not already a solution for it...
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
User avatar
Respected Member
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Postby jonathan » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:56 pm

On a per-installation (not per analysis, or per run) basis, cache functions that have already been analysed, so that they do not need to be analysed again. You might already do this I guess... just a thought.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests