xc-1a port mapping

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
aortiz557
Member++

xc-1a port mapping

Post by aortiz557 »

So i've just started messing around with my xc-1a dev board, and i have become very confused with the port mapping. looking at the hardware manual, i see labels such as x3d0, or p1a0. in the programming tutorial, the example for an out port uses the label XS1_PORT_1a. what is the syntax for declaring out ports? if somebody could make an example just pushing out a 4 bit and then an 8 bit value to a port on the board, that would help immensely. also, one more thing. how does one specify which processor they are declaring the port on? - any help is appreciated , thanks.

aortiz557
Member++

Post by aortiz557 »

aha! i found some documentation that i think answers my questions

"The port identifier XS1_PORT_1P refers to the XS1-architecture; a port that comprises
1 pins (the port width); and the P identifies the particular 1-bit wide port of
the processor. In assembly code this is translated into 0x00010F00, where the
01 is the port width, and 0F identifies the particular 1-bit wide port. Physically,
port 1P on the XS1 is connected to pin X0D39 where the 0 identifies the core
that the pin is connected to (core 0) and the digits are a logical pin number between
0 and 63 inclusive. The physical position of pin X0D39 on depends on the
packaging. A list of all ports and the mapping between pins and ports is listed in
Table 1 near the end of this document. The mapping of pins onto locations on
the package is provided in the data-sheet for your package."

This comes from the document:
https://www.xmos.com/download/public/XS ... 73A%29.pdf

i hope this helps anyone else who has been having the same problem.
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Thanks for posting a solution to your problem - I'm sure it will help people in the future as I've seen this question before!