XC-1A supern00b examples?

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
xcorific
Member++

Post by xcorific »

Skeksis, good luck with your project! I'm in the same boat and am just starting out with XMOS. I also haven't hooked up hardware, but I probably should try to do that soon. Sounds like you picked a good one to start with.

Skeksis

Post by Skeksis »

Thanks xcorific

I think beginning to hook stuff up to the board is one of the largest hurdles, I found that the documentation was murky at best about working out port referencing. Any ideas what you're going to start off with when you move to attaching hardware?

Skeksis
"Time is an illusion. Lunch-time doubly so." - Douglas Adams
xcorific
Member++

Post by xcorific »

For now, I'm just going to try to get multiple serial ports running on the XC-1A. After that, I'd like to write some libraries (or look for existing ones) so I can get my XBee modules going with an LCD touchscreen. All of this stuff is basically serial-based. Then add on external circuitry to read analog data from sensors, so I can try to monitor the moisture in the soil of the veggie garden. :)
mikronauts
Member++

Post by mikronauts »

If 12 bits is enough for your application, I have had very good results with the MCP3208 SPI interface ADC's. I use them on RoboProp and some industrial products.
xcorific wrote:For now, I'm just going to try to get multiple serial ports running on the XC-1A. After that, I'd like to write some libraries (or look for existing ones) so I can get my XBee modules going with an LCD touchscreen. All of this stuff is basically serial-based. Then add on external circuitry to read analog data from sensors, so I can try to monitor the moisture in the soil of the veggie garden. :)
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

xcorific wrote:For now, I'm just going to try to get multiple serial ports running on the XC-1A. After that, I'd like to write some libraries (or look for existing ones) so I can get my XBee modules going with an LCD touchscreen. All of this stuff is basically serial-based. Then add on external circuitry to read analog data from sensors, so I can try to monitor the moisture in the soil of the veggie garden. :)
That sounds like one of the most original ideas for XMOS I've seen. Good luck!