Hi there, anyone can help me with I/O pins!

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
os6mx

Hi there, anyone can help me with I/O pins!

Post by os6mx »

Hello Xcore community.

Well I have recently started to work with the Xmos Development environment, and I'm pretty much, kind of... lost XD.

I have succesfully compiled some code, I have managed to use an input port and an output port, but since I don't have a development kit yet, I can't really send a signal trhough the I/port, so I was wondering if there is a way to use the simulator for sending a signal through a port, in order to check if my design works as it should...

so anyone can give me a quick start on the subject?

well I hope you can enlighten me, and thanks in advance.

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

You can loop back the IO pins in the simulator so you can write a "testbench" running on a other thread that can read or write values to the port that the thread you want to test uses.
os6mx

Post by os6mx »

Ohh thanks for the quick response, actually I have no idea how to do the things you said (real noob sorry Y_Y) but, is there some info in the XMOS-Simulator-Tutorial? I will read it a little more carefully, but if anyone could give me a "step by step" kind of help, I would really appreciate it.

well, again thank you for you interest, I really hope someone has the time to help me XD
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Check the tools user guide (for tools version 10.4):

http://www.xmos.com/published/tools-user-guide

chapter "6.3 Setting Up Loopbacks"