XMOS Customer Video Case Study - Meridian

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
jason
XCore Expert

XMOS Customer Video Case Study - Meridian

Post by jason »

XMOS is pleased to share with you our first video case study.

fPF4zMz98Vo

With ground breaking developments in high performance audio and visual technology, Meridian pursues its desire to lose as little as possible from the original source. The result: richer, more detailed reproduction where information is processed beyond the range of the human ear and to the limits of the human eye.

In the past Meridian used programmable DSP in many of their products - however to achieve what they needed they required many different modules to do this. With XMOS, they could integrate many of these functions in to one single chip, providing high performance with a low component count, and has become their chip of choice when creating a new product.

Watch the video to learn more.

williamk
Experienced Member

Post by williamk »

Whoohoo, that sounds great. I loved to see how they reduced the number of chips by integrating a single XMOS chip. :ugeek:

Wk
Wusik Dot Com (http://www.Wusik.com)
William-K.com (http://www.William-K.com)
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

williamk wrote:Whoohoo, that sounds great. I loved to see how they reduced the number of chips by integrating a single XMOS chip. :ugeek:

Wk

Indeed, it is a nice visual!
abraxalito

Post by abraxalito »

I enjoyed the video - really nice to see practical applications of the part and how the real estate requirements were reduced. Who was the vid pitched at? I'd have liked more technical info myself as an engineer - like how many cores, threads got used, what the power consumption was, how the software was structured compared to the old design. My curiosity was definitely whetted.