XCore Pass The Parcel:A bit of fun, winners, rules, parcels

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

My force sensitive resistor arrived today :) It, unsurprisingly, looks just like this:

;)

What was, however, suprising was how well packaged (or how over-the-top the packging was, depending on your opinion)... I'd imagine the postage was more than the tiny resistor! Heh.

So, what is it going to be used for? Still to be decided, unfortunately!

Thanks again to XCore, especially (of course!) Jason! :)

Dan.

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

The real question is how big was the box for this!? Glad it arrived though - very safely too by the sounds of things!
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

That looks suspiciously like a touchscreen....
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

Vaati wrote:That looks suspiciously like a touchscreen....
That would be nice! :) Actually, the image has just been taken from the Sparkfun website: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9376

I'll try and get a photo of the packaging later.
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

jason wrote:The real question is how big was the box for this!? Glad it arrived though - very safely too by the sounds of things!
So, here's a quick unpacking of the force sensitive resistor. I apologise for the poor photo quality. I was taking them quickly, in a poorly lit room... And rather than blaming my tools, I'll admit I'm not a photographer! :P I've included my Samsung Galaxy S and a 10p for size reference.

Wow, an international parcel? Must be the XMOS Party Parcel prize, but... It seems pretty large? Hold on, don't tell me they've confused the order and I've ended up with a DSO Nano... Let's look inside... :shock:

Hmm, quite a large box. Marked as Sparkfun! Hmm... :?

Definitely no DSO Nano... But, lots of packaging! What's hiding under that packaging? :|

Oh, so it is the Sparkfun force sensitive resistor, after all. Cool! :)

That's quite a large box for that little resistor! :o

Hmm, so in comparison with the first shot above, check out the size of the resistor with respect to the reference items. Now *that's* over the top packaging :P

EDIT: Note that I'm not moaning about the packaging - I'm glad the item arrived safely - just thought I'd share how over-the-top it is...
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

WOW! That is an epic amount of packaging for something that size!
shashi

Post by shashi »

DanB wrote: EDIT: Note that I'm not moaning about the packaging - I'm glad the item arrived safely - just thought I'd share how over-the-top it is...

I only see the following pic here : http://imageshack.us/img/blocked_login.jpg repeated for all the photos - not the real photos. Any idea why?

--Shashi
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

shashi wrote:
DanB wrote: EDIT: Note that I'm not moaning about the packaging - I'm glad the item arrived safely - just thought I'd share how over-the-top it is...

I only see the following pic here : http://imageshack.us/img/blocked_login.jpg repeated for all the photos - not the real photos. Any idea why?

--Shashi
Not a clue, sorry. They still work for me right now (and did yesterday on another computer too). I wouldn't worry, you've not missing much ;) Heh.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

All working for me. Cant replicate this problem.
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

Where will the parcel icon be located now?