XCore Pass The Parcel:A bit of fun, winners, rules, parcels

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

LOL!

It looks like the parcel is moving along very fast! I refreshed the page and it looked like it had been passed 2 or more times...

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

octal wrote:
Vaati wrote: The only thing I don't like about the monday madness parcel is that it's on mondays... ;)
lol

Yeah sadly ... it's ONLY on mondays :mrgreen:
jason wrote: Please do feel free to link me to cool stuff for future parcels. Always happy to take a look, you never know, it may just end up in a future parcel! So may as well post it...

Yea ... check http://www.ferrari.com :D

They have some cool stuff if you would like to include it in future parcels ! :mrgreen:
lol, maybe the day XMOS powers one we may be in a better position to negotiate them sponsoring a parcel ;-)
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

I've been wondering about the way the parcel is passed....

So, the formula is 2^n right? What decides the value of n? Is it decided before the parcel can be passed, or is it affected by the number of passes?

Also, does the number of passes/the value of "n" reset at the end of monday, or are they carried over to the next monday?
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

jason wrote:Please do feel free to link me to cool stuff for future parcels. Always happy to take a look, you never know, it may just end up in a future parcel! So may as well post it...
Reset "n" and wrap some of those cool DSOs up (that were in the 1000th member parcel) ;-) They looked great!
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Well, I got back to home yesturday :)
I was the winner of the monday's parcel, and I received finally the parcel's content :) Thanks XMOS.

Everything is ok, and extremely well packaged.
Just as a notice, Sparkfun sent the solder station but didn't took into account that I live in France, so we have 230V instead of 110V. While the power cord is not a pb (can be changed), the solder station has really a true 110V transformer, so impossible to use it out of the box. Hopefully I have a 220v<>110V adapter.

Will be trying this thing next weekend :)

Thanks Jason and thanks to XMOS Team !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

octal wrote:Well, I got back to home yesturday :)
I was the winner of the monday's parcel, and I received finally the parcel's content :) Thanks XMOS.

Everything is ok, and extremely well packaged.
Just as a notice, Sparkfun sent the solder station but didn't took into account that I live in France, so we have 230V instead of 110V. While the power cord is not a pb (can be changed), the solder station has really a true 110V transformer, so impossible to use it out of the box. Hopefully I have a 220v<>110V adapter.

Will be trying this thing next weekend :)

Thanks Jason and thanks to XMOS Team !
:shock: jealous :shock:

Heh, really though, well done! :)
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Glad it all arrived! Thanks for sharing the photos with us! Great to see!

Hopefully you will find a power adaptor!
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

jason wrote: Hopefully you will find a power adaptor!
I already own one ;)

Thx
RogerH

Post by RogerH »

I received my DSO Nano V2 a couple of days ago!

A great little scope especially once you have installed the BenF firmware upgrade. I won’t be throwing away my bench scope (150Mhz, 5GSps, 4 Chan) but the Nano will be a great addition to my tool bag.

Many thanks to Jason & XMOS for putting up these parcels!

Regards, Roger...
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Most welcome Roger! I am sure it will come in handy as you said :-)