Goodbye from Jason!

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
jason
XCore Expert

Goodbye from Jason!

Post by jason »

Hello everyone!

As some of you are already aware, this is my last week at XMOS, as I will shortly be moving on to a new job.

I just wanted to take a moment to say it has been great meeting / working with everyone here in the online world over the past 3 years (wow time goes fast!) and seeing XCore.com grow from a blank canvas to what it is today in just over the last year - 8489 posts over 1161 topics and 1211 members! Nice!

We should be proud with the community we have, a great bunch of professional and dedicated members from a variety of backgrounds, who I am sure will keep things active once I have left. It has been a pleasure working with you all, wherever you know me from (The XMOS Challenge, YouTube, Twitter, an XMOS advert you have seen online, various other online communities (especially robotics - shout out to all the LMR and Trossen guys who are here!), Universities, or other social channels.)

On this note, I would also like to introduce phalt who will be taking over my role as admin of XCore.com, so please do welcome him to the site! I will be handing things over to him over the following week, so feel free to introduce yourself too!

Please do keep in touch if you wish, many of you already talk to me on twitter (List of XCore Members on Twitter) regularly (@jason_mayes) so feel free to poke me there or get in touch via my profile here on XCore - I will check messages every once in a while, but twitter will be faster.

All the best,

Jason.

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Dude were gonna miss you here, but good luck on your next adventure.

regards
Al
wardy

Post by wardy »

Best of luck Jason, you will be missed!
russf
XCore Addict

Post by russf »

Good luck, Jason.

--r
nassim
Experienced Member

Post by nassim »

Good luck jason, we will miss you ;)
Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

Post by Interactive_Matter »

Good luck, much success - and I think we will somehow stay in caontact (or at least something very similar ;) )
kasbah
Member++

Post by kasbah »

Good luck Jason!
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Jason has developed a fantastic community and has given me some very big shoes to fill, but I'm stupidly enthusiastic to get involved with the community and help continue to build upon xcore.

I look forward talking to you all and providing you with the best community service possible for the xmos hardware!
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

Good luck Jason. All the best with your future endeavours.

And, of course, welcome Paul. You were not kidding when you say you've got big shoes to fill... Good luck! :)
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Thank you everyone for all the kind words posted to this thread and via PM. Most happy!

PS someone must keep up my love for powers of 2 on this site ;-)