Computer Science + Music passion = AlphaSphere

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
jason
XCore Expert

Computer Science + Music passion = AlphaSphere

Post by jason »

"From state-of-the-art laser fabrication facilities, a computer science department with a passion for music, cutting-edge audio production facilities and the city's resident robotics lab… constructing this instrument has offered us a glimpse into the not-too-distant future..." and needless to say this device of the future is powered by XMOS, so go check it out right now! Bonus points if you can figure out how you use it BEFORE you read the article!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kasbah
Member++

Post by kasbah »

Thanks for featuring us on Xcore News Jason. I am part of the team building this THING! I am in charge of programming and electronics so ask me anything you like really.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Great to see you on XCore!

It would be nice if you could explain a bit more about how things work, aims, why XMOS etc here on the forum?

That would be super!
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

I can say I have now had a go playing with this thing and it is very cool! Great work guys! Keep us updated.
kasbah
Member++

Post by kasbah »

We have launched alphasphere.com which explains the device a bit more. You can also read the archive of blog posts which gives you an idea of how the project came about.
adam

Post by adam »

Hi, Adam from nu desine here.

We've just launched an IndieGoGo campaign at http://x.nu/desine

Really appreciate your support, and help circulating the campaign. Looking forward to the next steps!
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

I had a chance to see and play with the AlphaSphere at Maker Faire UK in Newcastle over the weekend and it looks more beautiful in real life that its pictures show it and it plays well !

Thanks to kasbah for chatting with me and letting me play with it.
kasbah
Member++

Post by kasbah »

Thanks for the kind words TonyD. We have made some excellent progress since then and hope to update everyone soon.
promptcritical

Post by promptcritical »

Very cool indeed.