2 minutes penalty time before programming xcore Topic is solved

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
dsteinwe
XCore Addict

2 minutes penalty time before programming xcore

Post by dsteinwe »

Hello,

I have a strange problem on programming my custom build pcb with the xtag3. When I try to program my board immediately after powering up, I get following error message:
xrun: First stage multi-node boot failed, please check XN file and Xmos link connectivity
After waiting about 2 minutes, I can successfully program and debug my board. I am confused about this behaviour.

I have used the XUF216-512-TQ128. The circuits for powering and programming are equal to the "xCORE-200 explorer kit", except for the 3.3V. There I have used an RT6224DHGJ6F. I have verified with an oscilloscope, that the power circuits are even stable during programming. I have to prototypes and both have the same behaviour.

Do you have an idea, how to remove the "penalty time"?

View Solution
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Review the #RESET line of the CPU and check when does this line return to a logic high for the normal use.

If not the cause, post the relevant parts of your schematic dealing with the power supply, clock and reset and power rail supervisors.
dsteinwe
XCore Addict

Post by dsteinwe »

Hi mon2,

you have given me the right hint. Power and clock are ok, but not #RESET. It never goes really low. The cause is, that the IC NC7WZ07P6X was soldered 180° rotated. I have fixed it and now everythings works fine. THANKS!