Bricked eXplorer ?

Technical questions regarding the xTIMEcomposer, xSOFTip Explorer and Programming with XMOS.
User avatar
mon2
XCore Legend
Posts: 1630
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:43 am

Re: Bricked eXplorer ?

Postby mon2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:24 am

See here on a tool that may help with the driver update:

https://zadig.akeo.ie/

In worse case, right mouse click to remove and delete the driver on your box for a fresh start.

Libusb0.sys is referenced by this tool. We recall using it for some devkit in the past few weeks.
User avatar
mon2
XCore Legend
Posts: 1630
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:43 am

Postby mon2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 am

Hi. Any positive results with the driver updates? Also consider to install a software USB monitor tool to view the hidden activity on this tool. Hardware USB bus monitor will be even better.
psupine
Member++
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 am
Location: Australia

Postby psupine » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:30 am

I ran the tool you referenced and updated the libusb driver. I realised that I'd used this tool before, or something with an identical interface, but I don't recall when or why.

I picked a driver from the list and hit the install button. It didn't make any difference to what driver was installed when I plugged the XTAG in again and so, as one would expect, the visibility of the target board to xTIME.

I freely admit that I am no expert on Windows under the hood. Installing a USB monitor might represent a marvelous opportunity for self-improvement but it's unlikely to provide anything useful in the shorter term.
psupine
Member++
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 am
Location: Australia

Postby psupine » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:10 am

Update:

My new hardware arrived this morning. I unpacked the new XTAG first and plugged it into my old eXplorer board.

Then I put the XTAG USB into the PC -> green power light "unconnected to target" red light (as expected since target not powered). The PC popped up a message that the XTAG driver loaded.
Then I plugged the target USB power into the PC. No changes to status lights on XTAG; two green power lights on the target.
Then I started the xTIME IDE and went to Run Configure. The target hardware had already been discovered in the drop down list.

Ran my code; all good.

Then, before I consigned the original broken xTAG to oblivion, I swapped it back into the same setup. You know how this ends don't you. It also worked just fine.

You gotta love electronics.

And ... it happily runs over 1.5 metre cables with a through bulkhead cable junction in the middle.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests