Install an Eclipse plugin in xde

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
skoe
Experienced Member

Install an Eclipse plugin in xde

Post by skoe »

As I use Mercurial for my projects I wanted to install the Eclipse Mercurial plugin in XDE. As usual in Eclipse I tried Help=>Software Updates but only get: "Cannot launch the update UI..."

It seems to be related to the Equinox p2 Installer configuration... That's all what I found out up to now.

I use Ubuntu 9.10 + XMOS Tools 9.9.2. Can somebody else confirm this problem or even knows a solution?

Regards,

Thomas

mike
Member++

Post by mike »

Hi Thomas,

We don't support software updates from the XDE GUI at present, however since a few people have commented on this we'll certainly look at including it in a future release.

For now I would recommend dropping the plugin manually into the plugins directory inside xde_bin ([tools_root]/xde_bin/plugins). In the case of Mercurial it looks like you need to create a directory in here and extract the contents of http://www.vectrace.com/eclipse-update/ ... 4.1286.jar into it. What this method won't take care of unfortunately is plugin dependencies and versioning but it's worth a try.

Hope that helps,
Mike
skoe
Experienced Member

Post by skoe »

Thanks, mike. It worked.

There's no need to extract the jar archive:
cd DesktopTools/9.9.2/xde_bin/
cp /tmp/com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse_1.5.0.201001202311.jar plugins/

The file is a newer version found at the new project site: http://javaforge.com/project/HGE

Now I'm happy, my version control system works with the XMOS-Environment :D
hg1.png
(60.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
hg1.png
(60.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
hg2.png
(86.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
hg2.png
(86.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Regards,

Thomas