Hello

First time on the site? Say hello here!
jeffrey13
New User

Hello

Post by jeffrey13 »

Hey guys:
Im just a hobbiest But I was just starting a new project using the Hitachi tx14d11vm1cba 5.7 320 x 240 tft display and was looking around the internet for answers to a issue that I was having with the lack there of vsync and hsync connections to my display. And how to setup the timing for the DTMG signal. Well I found a nice document put out by XMOS that showed me exactly what I needed to know. XC Clocked Input and Output. Doc # X8987A. So I Think I want to use one of the xmos chips to do this project. I've downloaded the studio and just got started with the getting started program ( looks similar mplab xc) That was my chip of choice. The question I have now is What development board to get that will get me up and going on this display. I need a board that will interface to the 40 pin JAE : FA5B040HO1R3000 connector But I haven't seen anything like that in the slice boards.
The display I have has a pcb mounted under it (not standard) but it has 4 LVDS receivers and connectors for the same cabling you might see in the older computer hard drives cant think of what there called but there used for lengthier I/0 stretches. there was a keyboard to one of the connectors and the other for display. I can utilize this board if necessary but right now I'd like to see the display up and running. any help I can get to get the right hardware would be appreciated.
I really look forward to Programming these chips. The multiple cores are inspiring and exciting. Thanks for any help you all can give me.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi and welcome. Have you seen this slice board ?

https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=15832

Review the schematics to see if it can be a match for your requirement. The lowest cost option is to consider the use of the $ 15 USD XMOS StartKit (Digikey). However, be sure to review the PCIe pinout on the StartKit and then compare the wiring to the above LCD slice board. Either way the StartKit is an excellent way to learn about XMOS. The CPU on board this kit is a dual tile device but one til is allocated to the USB interface so that leaves you with a single tile device capable of running 8 parallel threads. The graphic symbols on board any slice board define which slots can be used if mated with the more featured SliceKits from XMOS.

The StartKit is based on the XS1 series and XMOS is about to release their latest Slicekit based on the XCORE-200 series which offers more features inside the CPU, etc. Then you should be able to connect the slice boards to the slots featuring the SQUARE, TRIANGLE, STAR or CIRCLE or whatever symbol is shown to be compatible.

From past reviews, believe that a true SliceKit may be the best option as the LCD demo required the use of also the SDRAM slice board to run some demos. That is, you will need to fit the XMOS CPU with an external memory buffer and also the LCD interface to operate the posted LCD demos.

https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?pro ... nent=15937

https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?pro ... nent=15954
jeffrey13
New User

Post by jeffrey13 »

Awsome, I work a lot of hours so it'll take me a little bit to review but I will and get back with my findings. Thanks this is a great place to strart and I really appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.