Hello from Sweden! (interested in robotics, computer vision)

First time on the site? Say hello here!
johanar

Post by johanar »

In_Control001 wrote:Hey Johanar, Im an AGV builder myself... Cool stuff... What is your experience?

I will post some video's later of our AGV's.
Well not much experience before this project started :)

You can check out our here, but keep in mind that we didn't build the chassis. If I could, I would've rebuilt it around a heavy column with the laser scanner on top, one wheel on each side and the cargo towed on one side, similar to real AGVs or a forklift.

paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

When I first saw that I thought "Hey, thats a robot weighing scale"- then a box appears :lol:

Maybe you should take the Lego factory as inspiration - its almost completely automated! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRRDIFNxoM
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
johanar

Post by johanar »

paul wrote:When I first saw that I thought "Hey, thats a robot weighing scale"- then a box appears :lol:

Maybe you should take the Lego factory as inspiration - its almost completely automated! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRRDIFNxoM
But this year we're changing the function of the AGV. The top is removed and we'll fit some kind of grabbing mechanism so it can attach to a movable table and transport that, so no more boxes :) Can't change the basic design of the AGV though, and it's not so good for the NAV200 (laser thingy) to be obscured which it will be by the table's legs. But we'll try to work around it as far as possible.

I would've wanted it looking more like this, well except a little smaller.