Maker Faire (UK)

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Maker Faire (UK)

Post by TonyD »

If anyone is planning on visiting the UK Maker Faire in Newcastle? Perhaps we could get together as a group and put faces to names etc.

The Maker Faire is taking place on the weekend of 13th and 14th March as part of Newcastle's 10 day Science Festival starts the 12th March and finishes 21st March 2010.

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Looks like fun!
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I booked a flight from Gatwick as soon as I heard about it, a few weeks ago, so I'll be there.

Leon
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

If anyone is planning on coming to the UK Maker Faire, Newcastle is very easy to reach from London by train. Trains leave every 30-minutes from Kings Cross and take ~ 3-hours. Newcastle Central Station is very close (<300 meters) to where the Maker Faire and Science Festival are taking place.

Anyone flying into Newcastle Airport can take a Metro train from Newcastle Airport to Central Station. The Metro trains run every 10-15minutes and the journey takes about 30-minutes.

Anyone looking to stay for the weekend both the Jury Inn and Holiday Inn Express have hotels very close by.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Is anyone else apart from Tony and me going? I've just booked a couple of nights at the Jurys Inn hotel.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

leon_heller wrote:Is anyone else apart from Tony and me going? I've just booked a couple of nights at the Jurys Inn hotel.
I will probably go. Is anyone getting the train from KX?
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

geee, i wish i could go, but not this time guys... :(