XMOS XMP-64 Development Board

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
jason
XCore Expert

XMOS XMP-64 Development Board

Post by jason »

atAdpt5SZe8

Following growing interest in our XMP-64 board, David May (CTO at XMOS) discusses some of the key points about this powerful development board and its applications.

The XMP-64 consists of 16 quad core G-series XMOS chips (64 processors in total) arranged in a hypercube allowing for very fast communication of data between processors (1.6 billion bits per second can flow between hypercube edges).

The XMP-64 can therefore execute 25 billion instructions per second. Some applications a device such as the XMP-64 could be used in include:

Image processing, Audio processing, Synthesizing, Communications, Packet inspection etc.

To find out more, please watch the video.

nieuwhzn
Member++

Post by nieuwhzn »

Mine should be ordered any day now, as soon as our purchaser has found back her credit card.

This board seems to be the most cost effective way to do R&D on a reasonable amount of XMOS cores. I'm mostly interested in how fast we can push different setups to analyze data from our future particle detectors (www.star.bnl.gov). The algorithms are not much different from image processing, basically you'd like to take fast decisions based on the patterns that the particle tracks are making in your detectors.
Fun, can't wait to get my hands on it! :D
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

nieuwhzn wrote:Mine should be ordered any day now, as soon as our purchaser has found back her credit card.

This board seems to be the most cost effective way to do R&D on a reasonable amount of XMOS cores. I'm mostly interested in how fast we can push different setups to analyze data from our future particle detectors (http://www.star.bnl.gov). The algorithms are not much different from image processing, basically you'd like to take fast decisions based on the patterns that the particle tracks are making in your detectors.
Fun, can't wait to get my hands on it! :D
This is great to hear! Let us know/share how you get on when it arrives!
nieuwhzn
Member++

Post by nieuwhzn »

Board is on its way! :mrgreen:
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Happy days indeed!
nieuwhzn
Member++

Post by nieuwhzn »

One XK-XMP-64 has arrived! It took a detour because FedEx had the wrong delivery address, luckily the delivery guy was smart enough to not leave it on the steps of the MIT main building.

The examples are running fine, now the real work starts.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

nieuwhzn wrote:One XK-XMP-64 has arrived! It took a detour because FedEx had the wrong delivery address, luckily the delivery guy was smart enough to not leave it on the steps of the MIT main building.

The examples are running fine, now the real work starts.
Would love to see what you get up to with it!